VIRTUAL DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Many organisations have not considered the role of a Data Protection Officer (DPO) at all; or that the existing role has no gravitas; or it sits within an area of the business where it has little or no effectiveness
WHY ENGAGE A VIRTUAL DPO (VDPO)?
To provide a level of independence where there are no conflicts of interest, politically neutral and not easily influenced.
Provides a highly skilled and knowledgeable resource, where that skillset or knowledge is not available internally Where creating a full-time role internally is not a viable option
WHAT CAN A VDPO DO FOR ME?
Help you understand the impact of legislation and regulation on your organisation
• Implement the data protection framework or improve its effectiveness
• Conduct periodic assessments, including assessments of your third parties • Drive the adoption of a proactive data protection culture, including provision of training and awareness
• Handle subject access requests and deal with data breaches
• Interface with the ICO or other supervisory authority
• Support key projects where “privacy by design” is a necessary consideration
• Support readiness for GDPR and ongoing compliance
• Conduct data breach crisis management exercises
• Review adequacy of contracts
• Monitoring and reporting of data protection activities and control effectiveness